Please call us at: (281) 531-0550 or fill out our contact form.
Addicks United Methodist Church
1212 Highway 6 N
Houston, TX 77084
The Next Campaign to End Hunger! For information on how to participate, please contact us.
Connect with us on Facebook to learn about upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities.
Addicks United Methodist Church was organized in 1879 as Bear Creek German Methodist Church.
The first building was erected on Patterson Road in 1890, and was moved to Addicks-Satsuma Road (now State Highway 6) in 1903.
After a hurricane destroyed the building in 1915, the present sanctuary was built using some of the original lumber.
The local federal flood control project forced another move in 1948 to the present location.
The church has supplied six men for the ministry and one woman for full-time Christian work in its 125-plus years as an active congregation.
At present time the Pastor for AUMC is Eddie Hilliard.